During this month students are going to study the unit Leadership in the workplace.
“There are good leaders who actively guide and bad leaders who actively misguide. Hence, leadership is about persuasion, presentation, and people skills.” [Shiv Khera]
“One of the primary ways leaders influence others is through their rhetoric.” [Heracleous]
The main objective of this unit is to interiorize the importance of the canons of rhetoric in order to be a successful public speaker and thus to become a successful leader. Apart from the canons of rhetoric, students will study and analyze the persuasive appeals when talking, in this case, when someone is giving an elevator pitch.
The required tasks to complete are:
- Attend to the online lessons taking place on the 8th May, 13th May and 29th May.
- Analyze a TED Talk following the 5 canons rhetoric.
- Analyze an Elevator Pitch following the 3 persuasive appeals perspective.
SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Students will learn the Canons of Rhetoric Theory and how to apply the theory in their professional and personal life.
- Students will be immersed in the Persuasive Appeals Theory and will learn how to build a persuasive speech.
- Students will be able to develop skills related to leadership, motivation, and communication.