During this month students are going to study the following topics: Negotiation Models, Skills that Matter, Applied Negotiation and Emotional and Cultural intelligence
When trying to make a good decision, a person must weight the positives and negatives of each option, and consider all the alternatives. For effective decision making, a person must be able to forecast the outcome of each option as well and based on all these items, determine which option is the best for that particular situation.
“Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision”, Peter F. Drucker.
The main objective of this unit is to understand the importance of applying the basic problem solving and decision-making skills from everyday duties to leader’s determinant negotiations. Students will mainly explore negotiation strategies and will learn about the “Seven Elements of a Negotiation”.
The required tasks to complete are:
- Attend to the online lessons taking place on the 5th June, 19th June and 24th May.
- Perform and record an employment offer negotiation working in 4 member teams.
- Analyze their own negotiation performance showing the skills developed through the module.
SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Students will learn to negotiate effectively based on the strategies and techniques studied.
- Students will analyse how strategies in negotiations affect how a leader is perceived.
- Students will gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks.