Innovation is an idea successfully brought to market that creates a new value, often for both user and enterprise. Innovations sometimes involve inventions, but not necessarily always. Innovation is often driven by technological advancement, but neither necessarily. Companies that innovate are able to set the organization in a different paradigm in order to identify new opportunities and best methods to solve current problems.
In this module, students will work in 4 members-teams with the objective of creating a prototype that “solve” one of these challenges which each team can choose as they please.
Some required tasks involve:
- Basadur’s profile testing for every team member
- Working out a solution using mind-map canvas for design thinking
- Testing the solution with potential users using lean startup methodology
Video de Lucía Ruiz Montiel. Innovation instructor & Entrepeneur
SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Students will learn to capitalize on their strengths. Basadur test measures states, not traits. It is a tool to help an individual, team, or organization to understand how to increase creativity and innovation in a supportive environment.
- Students will learn to apply human-centered techniques -design thinking- to solve problems in a creative and innovative way.
- Students will learn to empathize with potential customers and train themselves through prototype testing. -lean startup methodology.