In today’s complex economy, organizations are realizing the competitive advantage that formal portfolio management provides them. The art of selecting the right investment policy for the individuals in terms of minimum risk and maximum return is called portfolio management. Investments allow a company to perform its business activities and without them, the company would not be able to exist.
In this module, students will work individually with the objective of making good decisions to build their own portfolio in a stock simulator called Virtual Stock Exchange.
They will be enrolled in a private GAIA competition “BEAT THE ROBOT” and the objective is that they compete with the rest of students and with the robo-advisor VANGUARD.
Some required tasks involve:
- Learning about their investment risk profile by completing a specific questionnaire.
- Build their portfolio within the Virtual Stock Exchange platform.
- Create a diversified portfolio taking into account the different financial markets.
- Make the right investments based on their investment risk profile.
SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Students will learn how to evaluate the performance of their investment strategy.
- Students will learn what the Robo-advisors advantages are and how they can use Robo-advisors for their investments.
- Students will learn how the stock market works and how to make a profit from their investments.
- Students will learn the different types of buying and selling orders and how they can choose the one that suits them best.
- Students will learn the importance of building a diversified portfolio.
Video de Jordi García Lorenzo. GAIA student doing his internship in Canal de Isabel II and creator of the blog dinerobolsa.com